Pre-K Round Up - Apr. 19
Pre-K Roundup 4/24/18
April 19, 2018
1:00 - 6:00 pm
ROISD Live Oak Professional Development Center
200 Live Oak St. Red Oak, TX
Eligibility requirements set forth by the State of Texas include:
- Children must be four years of age by September 1, 2018, and fit at least one of the following criteria:
- Limited English Proficient; or
- Eligible for free or reduced lunch; or
- Homeless; or
- Currently or formerly in a foster care system; or
- Child of a member of the U.S. Armed Forces (members of a reserved component are included if assigned to active duty by proper authority); or
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, firefighter, or an emergency medical first responder.
What documents do I need to bring?
All qualifiers must bring:
- Birth Certifiate
- Proof of address
- Parent ID
- Immunization Record
Additional documents for other qualifiers:
One of the following:
- Current paycheck stub
- Current tax return if self-employed
- Current TANF or SNAP eligibility letter
- Fill out Home Language Survey (provided by school)
- Language test will be administered to the child
One of the following:
- Verification of U.S. Department of Defense photo I.D.
- Statement of service
- Copy of death certificate
- Copy of Purple Heart orders
- Copy of official letter from commander
- Copy of a letter from US Dept. of Veteran's Affairs
- Documentation that service member is MIA
Foster Care Qualifiers
- Verification letter of Prekindergarten Eligibility from DFPS
Star of Texas Award Qualifiers
- Copy of the resolution (certificate) awarded to parent of child
Where will my child attend school?
Assignment to a campus is dependent on program schedule and availability. Pre-K campus assignments may not correspond with elementary school attendance zone boundaries. Families will be notified in August of their student’s campus and time.
How do I register and what do I need?
- New student registration will be online and paperless. All required documentation will need to be uploaded in an electronic format (using a scanner, taking a pic on phone and emailing, etc.). Original documents are required for verification at enrollment. To start the online process:
- Come to Pre-K Round Up on Thursday, April 19 from 1:00 - 6:00 p.m. at ROISD Live Oak Professional Development Center located at 200 Live Oak St., Red Oak, TX 75154
- You will be asked to scan originals of the following items:
- Driver’s License or Texas ID Card
- Child’s Official Birth Certificate
- Vaccination Record
- Proof of Residence:
- Most Recent Tax Receipt; or
- Rental or Lease Agreement; or
- Electric, Gas, or Water Bill
- Child’s Social Security Card, if possible
- Please bring above original documents for verification.
What if I cannot attend Pre-K Round Up?
You can register on-line and take your originals to any elementary school to complete registration.